Online polls are taking the world by storm. Now more than ever it’s more important to be able to connect with audiences from wherever they are in the world. The beauty of web polls is they can be done with in-person audiences or a respondent who’s on the other side of the world.
We Answer Your Top Questions About Online Polls
With how popular online polls have become, we know there are a lot of questions you might have about the topic. But don’t worry! We’ve got all the answers you’re looking for right here. So let’s dig in.
Where can I use online polls?
Online polls are useful in virtually any field that involves human interaction or anytime you want to get results, create an interactive experience, and get the answers you need.
Here are some examples:
- Web marketing
How do I create an online poll with Swift Polling?
Good news—we’ve made it easier than ever to create and share polls! Our real-time feedback tool allows you to quickly and easily create an online poll for your business, at events, or with any group of people you can imagine.
Just follow these simple steps:
- When you first log in to your account, you see two ‘Create New Poll’ buttons: One is in the upper right corner and the other one is in the center of the page. Click on any of them.
- Select one of the question types: Multiple-choice questions, open-ended questions, or a word cloud.
- Write your question and click on Launch to put your poll to work. Your survey is live right away and respondents can start submitting their answers!
How can I make better online poll questions?
Without a doubt, one of the most common questions we get is how to make great poll questions your audience will actually want to answer.
Here are eight quick tips to start you off:
- Make short questions and surveys — no longer than 10 minutes or 20 inquiries.
- Ask straightforward questions to get your intended message across.
- Group your inquiries by topic.
- It’s better to place ‘sensitive’ queries at the end of your poll, including those about age or education level.
- Avoid irrelevant questions.
- Convince participants that all the personal information and feedback is safe and won’t be shared with third parties.
- Take your time on a good design. Attractive visuals increase the response rate in online polls. This is easily done with Swift’s customization solutions.
- Add some pictures and videos to keep the participants’ attention.
Why should I use them?
There are all kinds of advantages to opting for online polls over hand-written responses or other polling methods.
- It’s a cost-effective way to explore your audience: You cut costs by not spending money on paper, printing, forwarding documents, or making phone calls.
- You save time and effort: Web polling software collects and analyzes responses automatically. All you have to do is create a question and run it. Then you stop it when you’re done! It’s no wonder creating a free poll from anywhere in the world is one of the most invaluable resources a poll creator has at their disposal.
- Respondents can choose when to answer online polls: Comfort and flexibility increase the response rate of every poll question.
- It makes the poll questions easier to access: Organizers notify participants by providing a link in an email, or by showing the questionnaire on the presentation screen. Respondents can also respond via computer, laptop, mobile device, etc.
- An online questionnaire has versatile settings: You can quickly create packets of questions customized for any audience, including students in classes, at work, with teams, employees, or any other group.
- Anonymity is essential: Respondents feel safe when their name and identity are protected and they can answer a poll question privately. This increases responsiveness and completion rates. Not to mention, it also means your results will be more accurate because respondents are empowered to answer honestly.
- Feedback is more accurate because an online system handles it: There is no need to enter lengthy text responses manually! This means the error rate of the results is reduced and the data you collect is more reliable.
- Website polls are done in real-time and the results are calculated right before your eyes.
- Swift itself provides data in convenient charts on our website to make analysis simple.
Get Started Today
With all of these answers now on your side, it’s time to start creating online polls! Swift Polling has everything you need to get going. The best part is, you can create your poll for completely free.
Click here to sign up and start collecting responses today.