Live Q&A with your audience
Activate your Q&A with a single click, and enable your users to submit questions as they are voting.
Learn how Swift can help you improve your bussiness communication
Live questions and answers
Live (Q&A) are an effective meeting format for many reasons. Listeners can ask questions or offer ideas and then vote for other submissions. The host of the presentation answers questions and manages different ideas presented throughout the session. This allows the presenter to keep the audience engaged and participating in the meeting. The live Q&A format is a well-suited option for these types of meeting:
- Press conferences
- Meetings with fans
- Lectures and seminars
The purpose of this format is to easily share opinions and information. It’s a useful tool for establishing relationships with customers, fans, employees, and the general public. However, people don’t always ask relevant questions, and even the most thoughtfully planned session can get derailed. This can happen when the audience doesn’t ask questions related to the topic at hand, or simply doesn’t relate to the speaker. That’s why it’s essential to organize the event in a way that mitigates any negativity and promotes the benefits of these presentations. And that’s where Q&A platform, like Swift Polling, comes in.
How to use live questions and answers
During live Q&A sessions, you can compile:
- Listener questions
All of this is part of the open-ended question term, and this means polls don’t have strictly defined options and formats. Participants address the organizers or the speaker in a freestyle manner, without any special rules or restrictions. Where live Q&A session can be used:
- In discussions — at meetings, at public round tables, in press conferences.
- In retrospect — review and joint analysis of the company’s past reporting period
- In brainstorming — creating a list of ideas supported by the majority of participants
- In interviews — with game developers, authors, creators, etc.
- In education — workshops to increase student involvement and engagement
It’s a flexible format that is appropriate whenever you need to get feedback from your audience. The live questions format helps:
- Analyze the audience: what do they care about the most?
- Answer burning questions
- Find new ideas and solutions to problems
- Understand where to go next — in business, development, teaching, etc.
How to create live questions and answers with Swift Polling
If you don’t have an account, the first step is to sign up with Swift Polling. When you register, you will enter your full name, email address, and password. It only takes a few steps to create an online Q&A:
- Enter the dashboard and click on Create New Poll.
- Specify the question type: Open Ended
- Assign a phone number for SMS messages or a symbol combination to enter the online survey on the website.
- Click on “Start” at the bottom of the page
Participants will send their answers via SMS or on the website. Our Q&A platform compiles responses in the Feedback section. You can share the data you collect by embedding the poll in a PowerPoint slide or by enabling Presentation Mode. Responses can be displayed in three ways:
- Wall display — each answer is in a box
- Single display — messages are shown one after another
- Word clouds — received responses are collected in a single cloud. Repeated words become larger than less popular words.
We also provide an archiving function. With this feature, questions marked with an asterisk aren’t shown on the screen. This is useful when the audience has already discussed a particular response and you no longer need to display it on the screen.
Give your audience a chance to speak out
Live questions are an effective way to help your audience speak out and be heard. With this kind of session, your listeners are able to express themselves in many ways:
- Share their opinion
- Upvote the options shared by other participants
- Downvote options that are considered inappropriate or ineffective
Participants can send responses during your event. Suggestions, questions, and ideas appear immediately on the screen in real-time. Our platform collects all answers at once and compiles them on a single dashboard. Make your event multi-channel:
- With our live Q&A platform, you can create polls on Facebook. These responses are aggregated with the rest of your responses.
- Create a hashtag Twitter poll
- Facebook and Twitter data is connected directly to your account dashboard.
Anonymous questions = equal opportunities
Participants can ask questions online anonymously during a web version of a Q&A session. This anonymity can be beneficial as it encourages participants to ask frank and honest questions and offer suggestions at the same time. Even those who are reluctant to share can express their opinion with the comfort of knowing their identity is protected. This also means the most vocal participants aren’t overwhelming anyone else and everyone has the same opportunity to interact in the session. Note that anonymity is not available for SMS responses in the open-ended questions format that is used for Q&As. It’s worth remembering that with the introduction of anonymity, not all participants will refrain from irrelevant, hostile, or obscene comments. To help keep these at bay, our platform offers filtering options. You can filter questions before going live in a couple of clicks:
- Go to the settings for the live Q & A
- Select the 'Which to show — Curated' settings
- The audience will only see the questions you have marked with a star
If you don’t want to limit session transparency, then use social downvoting. Participants can remove inappropriate or undesirable responses collectively.
Identify the most important questions
Our online Q&A platform allows you to identify the most critical questions in real-time. With the crowdsource upvoting function, session participants will vote for the topics they are most interested in. All attendees have equal opportunities to express themselves and vote. With upvoting, the audience collectively prioritizes talking points. This is useful when you need to:
- Find important areas for further business development
- Identify “gaps” and essential points of project development
- Answer “burning” questions from fans
- Identify the most critical social issues
- Explore your audience with Q&A analytics
Our platform offers convenient visual Q&A analytics. Every single poll, including Q&A sessions, provides you with this data:
- The breakdown of votes per option
- The breakdown of response per channel (SMS, web)
- The date and time of the Q&A creation
You’ll see which questions are the most popular and get the biggest response from the audience. Choose these visual graphics formats to display the results:
- Select the pie chart to display the percentages
- Or select the column chart to represent absolute values (in numbers)
You are also able to upload the results to a CSV file. You can choose to convert it into Excel if you prefer to use this program for analysis.
FAQ for Live Q&A
When you first log in to your Swift Polling account, you’ll see an empty questions list. You can create a new question by clicking the "Create new poll+" button in the center. You’ll be given the option for 3 question types: multiple choice (poll), open-ended, or word cloud.
For interactive presentations where your audience can ask questions, selecting the “open-ended” option is the best choice.
Once you’re done, click the "Launch" button. Now your audience can start responding.
You can also choose to moderate the questions as you go to remove repetitive or offensive questions before they’re displayed to the audience.
To embed an interactive Q&A into a website, you first need to access the embed code.
Your embed code can be found in the active poll view and in the polls list by clicking “More options” and selecting "Embed code.” Then, your embed code pops up. To copy the embed code, click "Copy to Clipboard."
If you have a designated area on your website for your poll, you can type the desired width and height in pixels to get the best responsive view. These fields add additional parameters into the embed code to ensure the poll looks good on your website and is in line with your branding.
Make your sessions more effective with Q&A app
Give your audience the power to decide which questions they really want to have answered.
Engage your audience through anonymous question website
When your audience has the option to ask anonymous questions, the quality and the quantity of the questions improves.
Moderate questions live as you present
Filter repetitive or offensive questions before they go live with built in moderation tools.
Share popular live questions and answer those on the go
Focus on the topics and questions your audience is interested in by displaying the top questions during a Q&A session.
You’re in control the entire time. Moderate all questions before they’re presented to your audience.
Your audience can decide what questions to cover thanks to real-time social upvoting.
You can easily embed your questions into your website or within your virtual event.
Swift Polling automatically filters out any inappropriate questions based on keywords when the profanity filter activated.
Make your next event the best yet
with Swift Polling.