Connect with your audience using real-time polls, quizzes, and Q&As, all from within your PowerPoint presentation.
Learn how Swift can help you improve your bussiness communication
Interactive live polls in your PowerPoint presentation
An interactive poll is one of the best ways to engage the audience in your presentation or lecture. There are a variety of benefits to implementing interactive live polling, including:
- Even those who are hesitant to speak up or are unable to speak for themselves can share their opinion
- These polls help you build trust and engage your audience
We’ll help you set up live polling in PowerPoint quickly and easily.
How it works
PowerPoint polling is set up using a plug-in. The most compatible versions are online, 2013+, 2016+, and you can run them on both Windows and iOS. The process involves three steps:
- You install the Swift Polling Add-In from the PowerPoint Store.
- Login to your account
- Add questions to new slides
The best part is, no additional software needs to be installed or configured! PowerPoint does it all, and you only need to embed the plug-in one time. After that, you can log in to your account straight from your presentation and create as many questions as you want. Next, you share the presentation with your audience so they can see the questions you’ve created. You’ll explain how to vote (either with online or phone messages) and then click on ‘Start’. When the poll is complete, click ‘Stop’. If you have a small audience (up to 150 responses per month), Swift offers a free version. The free polling software includes:
- Unlimited number of questions (limit on responses only)
- Online, SMS, and text polling
- PowerPoint integration
Our software is also fully capable of handling large conferences with up to 7,000 responses per month.
Audience polling inside PowerPoint slideshows
What are the benefits of interactive questions?
- It's easy to organize and run. Swift free polling software handles all the routine stuff, and you manage the creative tasks.
- Your audience is guaranteed to see and understand the questions. You can display your PowerPoint on a screen of any size.
- It’s easy to engage participants in interactive questions for presentations. They can send SMS messages or reply to the site using mobile devices. The phone number and website address are automatically displayed on the questionnaire slide.
All three main types of questionnaires can be embedded in the presentation:
- Closed-ended (voting)
- Open-ended (Q&A, feedback)
- A word cloud (generating ideas)
That means you have a flexible tool at your disposal to engage your audience throughout your presentation. Listeners also become active participants thanks to live polling. Together, you can discuss the survey and its results which helps improve your audiences’ understanding of your message. People will retain the information better because they’re interested in what you have to say!
Collect and display the results in your presentation directly
You can share your collected data with your audience along the way. Our software for PowerPoint allows you to display information, CTA's, results, and leaderboards as part of your presentation. With On-Air Mode, you can insert the data you receive into the graphics, and the audience can immediately see the results:
- You can customize the display in light or dark mode.
- The charts are shown in three versions: bars, columns, pie.
- Choose from different color themes.
- There is a full-screen mode option.
- If required, you can edit questions or reset voting.
Embed live polls into your PowerPoint slides with us!
The best way to include live questions is by embedding them in your PowerPoint. Your code is generated based on your settings, and it’s active for 10 days following the creation of your account.
- Sign in to your account.
- Choose the poll
- Enable or disable the start/stop polls ability
- Set the link validity period
- Copy and paste the generated link to the presentation slide.
Swift Polling is a powerful tool for PowerPoint instant questions and live polling that will take your presentations to the next level
FAQ for PowerPoint Polling
- Go to your PowerPoint slides and create an empty slide to contain the polls.
- Go to the PowerPoint Store, select "Get Add-ins" and type Swift Polling in the search field.
- Add the Swift Polling plug-in.
- Log in to your Swift Polling account within your slide.
- Choose the first poll to show and add it to your slide by pressing Add.
- Switch between the polls without leaving your slide.
- Show the voting instructions without leaving your slide.
- If you need to use your polls in intervals, then add your polls to specific slides.
- Start and Stop your polls within your slides.
- Alternatively, you can Start and Stop polls from a second device for an even better experience.
Swift Polling is an audience polling system which allows to create polls, conduct research and gather feedback fast and easy.
With advanced presentation tools the platform enables its users to display the voting results in real time within any browser or integrate a poll in powerpoint presentation.
In order to participate in the polling process people should text to vote or submit their responses through web.
This user-friendly audience polling system enables to:
Let’s go step by step and see how to create a question through this audience polling system and integrate a poll in powerpoint.
1. The first step is to sign up to this audience polling system and create one or more polls and launch them.
2. Secondly you should download Swift Polling’s PPT add-on. You just need to click on the “Insert” button inside your powerpoint, go to the “Store”, search “Swift Polling” and click on the button “Add”.
Otherwise you can download the add-in from here. You just need to click on the button “Get it now”.
3. Add Swift Polling ppt add-in to your slide and resize it if necessary.
4. Adding the ppt add-on to your slide enables you to enter your Swift account directly from the slide.
5. To proceed, you should choose the poll you want your audience to vote for and click on the button “Add”. The real time results of your poll will appear on the slide and your audience will be able to see that.
As you can see, above the results there is an instruction for participants both for “text to vote” and “web voting” versions.
These are the few simple steps that this audience polling system requires to create and integrate a poll in powerpoint.
As you integrated the poll in powerpoint, it’s time for your audience to vote and see the results updated in real time.
When creating a poll, you can enable both sms and web voting, in order for your audience to be able to text to vote or participate in the polling process through web.
In case of text voting your audience should send their response to the number attached to your account: They should send either an option itself (for example “Yes” or “No”) or the number of the option, such as “1” or “2”.
If your audience vote through web, they should go to swiftpolling.com and enter the event code, which is unique for each account. After they will see the poll with its options and will vote for their preferred one.
Your audience will see the results of the voting process updating in real time on the slide.
Poll and presentation controls
What is important you can control such poll and presentation features directly from the slide as:
Many of the mentioned presentation controls you can find hence entering your account from the slide and clicking on the button “configure”.
More useful tools you can find clicking on the sidebar located at the bottom left corner of the presentation page.
There are settings also for open ended and word cloud questions types, as Swift Polling enables to create such type of questions too.
Apply the productivity tools that this audience response system offers to create a really engaging and unique presentation and impress your audience during your next meeting, conference, seminar, workshop, lecture or any other events.
Your audience can vote in your live polls just by texting a phone number or entering an event ID.
Anonymous questions = more participation
Whether your audience isn’t keen on public speaking or doesn’t feel empowered to speak out, anonymity features help them participate their way. When your audience has the option to ask, answer, or vote anonymously, you’ll notice participation rates soar.
Control your presentation from start to finish
The mobile version of Swift Polling gives you control of the entire interactive experience, even moderating questions and comments as they come in.
Get real-time feedback
Straightforward polls and surveys are a fast and easy way to check in with your audience and look for areas that are unclear or particularly interesting to the audience.
Customize your own graphic package within a personalized web template that has your company’s branding and style.
Choose the graphics and visuals that work best with your live stream or show, presented as lower-third or full-screen graphics.
It’s up to you: schedule when you want your polls to go live.
Post on social
Allow your audience to vote directly on Twitter using your own hashtags and share the data in real-time.
Your data can be exported to CSV or Excel documents.
Make your next event the best yet
with Swift Polling.